Summer is right around the corner and adventure awaits. With travel restrictions lifting, but social distancing still recommended, it’s no surprise families and friends are hitting the road this year. According to AAA, 97% of summer trips are road trips.
With that being said, pack your bags, load your trunk, and check your tire pressure because we’re going through a road trip checklist. We’ve put together a list full of essentials and must-haves for the road.
First things first, make sure you have your driver’s license, registration and insurance with you as well as your car’s manual. You’d be surprised how easy it is to leave important documentation behind.
Missing Documentation? Contact us!
Whether you’re going cross-country or visiting a state nearby, it’s exciting to anticipate the best, but it’s practical to prepare for unexpected trouble. Always have these items for emergency preparedness:
Road Trip Checklist
- Spare tire (check it periodically to make sure it’s in good shape)
- Tire-pressure gauge (having too low or too high tire pressure can be dangerous)
- Flares (just in case, you never know)
- First-aid kit (it will come in handy, trust us)
- Paper maps (there isn’t cell reception everywhere)
- Flashlight (pack extra batteries just in case)
- Heavy-duty blanket (temperatures may drop at night)
And don’t forget the following road trip essentials:
- Car phone charger and portable charger
- Hand sanitizer
- Sanitizing wipes
- Bug spray
No road trip is complete without snacks. Pack adequate amounts of energy bars and water to keep hydrated and energized during the drive.
No matter where your journey takes you, know that DRO Insurance is riding shotgun — ready to help every mile of the way. For more information on your policies and coverages, please contact us.